Monday, October 05, 2009

Powder room mirror

I came across some better 'before' photos of our powder room so I thought I would show you them as well. As you can see the woodwork was all just a bit too much. Look at it this way- walls, toilet seat, shelves, hand towel ring, loo paper holder...all wood. Very claustrophobic indeed.






I'm sure you can see the difference the white paint makes?
For some unknown reason I forgot to paint the shelf that sits above the hand basin- how could I? These shelves came off the walls very easy and when we were painting we took them off- I must paint it though.
There was also a very plain pine (you guessed it) wooden framed mirror above the basin. Again this wasn't the worst and I could easily have left it natural but I wanted to paint it to tie in with our new bright striped toilet seat. To prepare the surface I gave it a light hand sand using a fairly worn piece of sandpaper just to clean it up a little. Instead of painting it white like the rest of the room, I had a pot of teal blue left over from a feature wall I painted in our previous apartment. The colour was too strong for what I had in mind so I added a good bit of white paint to it to tone it down. Now it matches the lighter aqua coloured stripe on the seat and adds a pop of colour.






Better don't you think?
Janexx





No comments:

Post a Comment